Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Microsoft sql server 2005?

when trying to run microsoft accounting 2007, i get an error report saying unable to connect to the server. 1. what is sql server and do i need it? 2. should i delete sql server and then reinstall? 3. should i delete accounting 2007 and reinstall? 4. is sql part of the accounting when you down load accounting or do yo need to install seperetly.. i need your help. please keep in mind that i am a new user and not to familer with many of the computer terms some of you may take as second nature. if you need more info to help me please e mail me and ask me for what info you may need thanks



Microsoft sql server 2005?internet security 2006



1. SQL Server is a robust, professional database which can be used to store data from the accounting package.



4. I think you would need to install SQL server separately - you can download the Express version for free from http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/



2. %26 3. Once you are sure you have SQL server 2005 installed, you will need to follow the instructions in the Accounting manual to allow you to create a database structure and connect to it. I am not familiar with the program myself, but I would imagine there is some sort of script provided to set this up for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment