Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Microsoft word: Is there a way I can see viewing history for word documents?? Pllleaase help!!!?

I need to find out when one of my documents was last viewed. I have a journal that I write in using Word and I think somebody is reading it. If anybody knows of a way I can see the history of when documents were viewed last on Microsoft Word, PLEASE PLEASE HELP!!! greatly appreciated!!



Microsoft word: Is there a way I can see viewing history for word documents?? Pllleaase help!!!?computer virus



I work in Windows XP and these instructions are for Windows XP so I hope you follow, otherwise try something similar.



Go to the folder where you saved the journal that you think is being viewed by somebody else. At the top of the folder, click View, then click Details. Now right-click on any one of the column headers (like name, or size). A menu will appear. Now click ''more...'' at the bottom of the list in this menu. You will now see a list of headers. Find the one named ''Date Accessed'' and put a check mark next to it, then click OK.



Next time anyone accesses your journal, the date will be under the heading ''Date Accessed''. If you want to, you can change the view back to ''List'' to hide the date, and at any time you want later, change the view to ''Details'' when you want to see this date.



In the ''Details'' view, you can also click ''View %26gt;Refresh'' at the top of the folder, to see the latest version of the dates that documents were accessed in your folder. (For this it has to be in the ''Details'' view - because the ''List'' view only shows the names of your documents and not the other details like date, size, type etc.)

No comments:

Post a Comment